In mid-April I joined over 3,000 marketers and social influencers in San Diego at Social Media Marketing World to learn and share the latest trends and best practices in order to optimize our social strategies and grow business. The major take-away for me was that there is a huge rise in the use of video on social media. If you aren’t using video now, here are some compelling statistics as to why it should be on your must-have list.
According to the Social Media Examiner’s research, 73 percent of marketers plan to increase their use of video this year. This make sense considering in April 2015 over 4 billion videos were played back daily on Facebook alone; that number doubled to 8 billion views per day by September. Today, Cisco forecasts that video will represent 82 percent of all Internet traffic by 2020.
Live video is playing a pivotal role in this. With the rising popularity of platforms like MeerKat, Periscope and the newly released Facebook Live, live video is on everyone’s radar. While only 14 percent of marketers are currently using live video, 50 percent want to learn more.
What does this mean for B2B marketers? All in all, video marketing is no longer a nice-to-have, but a must-do.
- 74 percent of B2B marketers reported that video converts better than any other medium, with explainer and product videos being the most common (Demand Metric)
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49 percent faster than those who do not (Aberdeen)
- 75 percent of senior executives watch work-related videos on at least a weekly basis, and 54 percent share work-related videos with their colleges at least weekly (Forbes Insights)
Video needs to be a part of your entire customer journey
The use of video throughout the customer journey will help to educate prospects, build relationships and increase conversions to improve overall customer satisfaction.
Here are a few types of videos you could consider incorporating into your marketing mix:
- Video Blogs – these are a great way to build connections with your audience. Putting a “face” to your organization by having key members do video blogs really creates that connection with customers and prospects that they can never get from reading words on a page.
- Live Webinars – showcase your organization as a thought-leader and capitalize on the growing popularity of live video at the same time. Webinars are an awesome tool for capturing leads from your content. Speak on a topic your audience is craving to know about.
- Product Demonstrations – it’s easier to understand how a product works and what its benefits are through a demonstration. Creating product demonstration videos helps your prospects understand what you offer before they make the call.
- Customer Testimonials / Mini-case Studies – have your customers say wonderful things about you in a one- to two-minute video. Viewers may see themselves in the same shoes as your customers, experiencing the same pain points. A positive referral will help them make the decision to work with you faster, knowing you can solve their problems.
- Employees Videos – your audience can get to know the human side of your organization through short employee videos. It builds a connection and a relationship before you’ve even had a conversation.
All things considered, video can help you sell more when incorporated throughout your customer journey.
Let’s convert your viewers into customers
Mercer-MacKay offers video services to help support your customers throughout their buying journey. From video blogs to customer testimonials, our videographers can help to generate leads and drive action.